Using your iPhone has become a part of every day life. But are you really taking your cell phone to it’s full potential? Here are a few tips and tricks that every iPhone user should know about.
1) If you would like to hide an iPhone app without deleting it from your phone there is a way. Just hold your finger on the app icon and a list will appear. Now just select “remove from Home Screen” and the app will appear only in your App Library and be removed from your home screen.
2) There is nothing more annoying than using your iPhone while apps take forever to open and even the keyboard freezes and lags from time to time. Has your iPhone become so slow that you are wishing that you had a new phone? Stop right there. We may be able to help. Sometimes something as simple as turning off location services on your iPhone will give you a noticeable boost in speed. You can do this on settings, privacy, location services. Just switch it to one of these settings…
Never – This will block all access from your location info.
Ask Next Time – This will let you choose either always while using app, allow once, or don’t allow.
While Using App – This will allow an app to use your location anytime the app is up and running on your display.
Always – This allows any and all apps on screen or running in the background access to your iPhone’s location services.
3) Did you know your iPhone can test the battery on your remote controls? Open the camera and switch to your front facing phone camera. Aim your remote into the iPhone camera and look to see if a twinkling pink light is being emitted from your remote. The light should be relatively bright. If it is dim or not there at all then it’s time to replace the battery.
4) Did you know that your iPhone has a built in pedometer? Yes it’s true and it’s easy to use. Just open your iPhone’s health app, click “edit” and enable “steps”. Every step you take while carrying your iPhone will automatically be counted.
5) Live radio can be played from your iPhone. There are dozens of apps on the App Store that allow you to stream live radio broadcasts. It is a great feature that few iPhone users know about.
6) Open the tape measure app on your iPhone. Then tap the tape measure icon at the lower portion of your display. Direct your iPhone’s camera at the starting point of what you would like to measure. Press the + icon on your cell phone then move your camera to the end point of what you would like to measure. The tap on the “+” icon again. It’s as easy as that!
We at Phoenix Phone Fix hope that you’ve enjoyed learning about just a few of the many functions that your iPhone has to offer. If you would like to share any of your own just leave them in the comments below. We will keep you updated on any new releases that can make your phone much more than it appears to be. 🙂